Pacific Mutual has six experienced members on the Board of Directors including two independent Directors with backgrounds in investment, banking, finance and the public sector. The Board of Directors meets on a quarterly basis and is involved in determining the corporate policies and direction of the Company.
Gerard Lee How Cheng Chairman
- He was appointed the Chairman of Pacific Mutual on 1 February 2011. He is currently the Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer of Lion Global Investors Limited (formerly known as Lion Capital Management Limited) (“Lion Global Investors”), a subsidiary of Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Limited.
- He was formerly the Chief Executive Officer of Fullerton Fund Management Company Ltd, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Temasek Holdings Pte Ltd.
- Before joining Temasek Holdings, he held various positions such as the Deputy Chief Investment Officer at Deutsche Asset Management Singapore, Head of Fixed Income Sales at SBC Warburg Singapore and Head of Government of Singapore Investment Corporation Private Limited’s New York office.
- He takes an active interest in the professional development of the Singapore capital market and is currently an adviser to ACI Singapore and CFA® Singapore. He is also active in voluntary work. He serves as the Chairman of Boys’ Town Home and Catholic Junior College. He also sits on the board of St. Gabriel’s Foundation.
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) (National University of Singapore); CFA® charterholder.
James Tan Thian Peng
- He was appointed a Director of Pacific Mutual on 11 January 2013. He is currently the Chief Operating Officer at Lion Global Investors Limited (formerly known as Lion Capital Management Limited) (“Lion Global Investors”), overseeing the operations, finance, risk and investment compliance and regulatory compliance functions. He is also the Director for Lion Global Funds (LGlobal Funds), which are registered in Luxembourg.
- He has 21 years of experience in operations and information technology.
- Bachelor of Accountancy (Honours) (National University of Singapore); Certified Public Accountant, Singapore (Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Singapore).
Dato' Ahmad Zahudi bin Haji Salleh
- He was appointed a Director of Pacific Mutual on 11 January 2013. He is currently the Chief Executive Officer at the Malaysian Armed Forces Co-operative Limited. He oversees the business performance towards fulfilling its cooperative mandates and social responsibilities by providing leadership, guidance and direction to the company. He is also a director for Wiramaju Sdn Bhd, Citrasama Projek Sdn Bhd and Harper Wira Sdn Bhd.
- He was an officer in the Malaysia Armed Forces from April 1972 to September 2006. He was responsible for the implementation of personnel emolument policies, overseeing payment processes, budgeting and auditing for the related accounts.
- Diploma in Accountancy; Bachelor of Accountancy (Honours) (formerly known as Advanced Diploma in Accountancy) (Universiti Teknologi MARA); Post-Graduate Diploma in Defence and Strategic Studies (Malaysian Armed Forces Staff College); Senior International Defense Management Course (Defense Resources Management Institute).
Ong Eu Jin Independent Director
- He was appointed a Director of Pacific Mutual on 11 January 2013. Currently, he is a partner at Lee Hishammuddin, Allen and Gledhill, overseeing a team that manages financing (including bond issuance and project financing), equity capital markets (including corporate advisory and initial public offerings) and mergers and acquisitions.
- He began his career as a lawyer upon his admission as an advocate and solicitor (West Malaysia) in 1997. In October 2002, he joined OSK Trustees Berhad as the Chief Operating Officer and was subsequently made the Executive Director. As head of the company from 2002 to 2009, he was in charge of the management, operational and business development functions of the company and reported to the Group CEO.
- Bachelor of Laws (University of West London [formerly known as Thames Valley University]); Certificate of Legal Practice; Master in Business Administration (Edinburgh Business School, Herriot-Watt University); Master of Laws (University of Malaya); Master of Laws (University College London); Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales.
Datuk Lee Say Tshin Independent Director
- He was appointed a Director of Pacific Mutual on 14 November 2014. Currently, he is an Independent Non-Executive Director and a member of the Audit Committee of IOI Group Properties Bhd, a public listed company listed on the Bursa Malaysia.
- In 1974, he joined HSBC Bank (Malaysia) Berhad as an Executive. He was an accomplished career banker with over 40 years of experience in the banking industry. He held the position of Managing Director, Strategic Business Development for HSBC Bank (Malaysia) Berhad since 2006 and retired on 30 June 2013.
- He was subsequently appointed as Senior Advisor, HSBC Bank (M) Bhd.
- Bachelor of Economics (Honours) (University Malaya).
- Chi-cheun started his career in the mid-1990s, in corporate finance before moving to the stockbroking industry in both Singapore and Malaysia, and subsequently into investment management. His investment and fund management experience extends globally as he managed developed market funds when he was with the fund management division of a Singapore government owned entity. Additionally, he also managed portfolios while with an investment outfit based in Canada.
- Upon his return to Malaysia in 2006, he joined Pacific Mutual as the Assistant General Manager of the Investment department, and was promoted to the Head of Equities one-and-a-half years later.
- He left Pacific Mutual in 2011 to head the entire stockbroking division of an investment bank. A year later, he joined a leading foreign insurance player in Malaysia as the head of investments (director). On 15 July 2015, he rejoined Pacific Mutual and is now its Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director. He oversees the overall management and direction of the Company and its Funds.
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Accounting and Financial Analysis (University of Warwick, England); CFA® charterholder (CFA Institute).