The Investment Committee is responsible for setting and determining the investment policies/guidelines and strategies of the Funds. They meet on a quarterly basis to discuss investment strategies, asset allocation and stock selection as well as to review and monitor portfolio performance against benchmarks and guidelines.
The following six persons are members of the Investment Committee for all Pacific Mutual's Funds, who also act in consultation with the Shariah Adviser on investment management matters relating to Shariah principles or Shariah-compliant Funds:
Gerard Lee How Cheng^ Chairman
- He was appointed the Chairman of Pacific Mutual on 1 February 2011. He is currently the Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer of Lion Global Investors Limited (formerly known as Lion Capital Management Limited) (“Lion Global Investors”), a subsidiary of Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Limited.
- He was formerly the Chief Executive Officer of Fullerton Fund Management Company Ltd, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Temasek Holdings Pte Ltd.
- Before joining Temasek Holdings, he held various positions such as the Deputy Chief Investment Officer at Deutsche Asset Management Singapore, Head of Fixed Income Sales at SBC Warburg Singapore and Head of Government of Singapore Investment Corporation Private Limited’s New York office.
- He takes an active interest in the professional development of the Singapore capital market and is currently an adviser to ACI Singapore and CFA® Singapore. He is also active in voluntary work. He serves as the Chairman of Boys’ Town Home and Catholic Junior College. He also sits on the board of St. Gabriel’s Foundation.
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) (National University of Singapore); CFA® charterholder.
James Tan Thian Peng^
- He was appointed a Director of Pacific Mutual on 11 January 2013. He is currently the Chief Operating Officer at Lion Global Investors Limited (formerly known as Lion Capital Management Limited) (“Lion Global Investors”), overseeing the operations, finance, risk and investment compliance and regulatory compliance functions. He is also the Director for Lion Global Funds (LGlobal Funds), which are registered in Luxembourg.
- He has 21 years of experience in operations and information technology.
- Bachelor of Accountancy (Honours) (National University of Singapore); Certified Public Accountant, Singapore (Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Singapore).
Mej. Jen. (B) Dato' Paduka Che Hasni bin Che Ahmad
- He started his career as an Officer in the Malaysian Armed Forces in 1972 and rose to the rank of Major General and was appointed as the Training Commander of the Malaysian Army in 2010. Prior to the said appointment, he was a Defence Attache in Vietnam from 2002 to 2007 and the Director of Human Resource to The Malaysian Army from 2008 to 2010. His responsibilities included operations, training, logistics, finance, administration and human capital.
- His involvement in Koperasi Angkatan Tentera Malaysia (KAT) started in 2007 when he was appointed to the KAT Board by the Malaysian Army, an appointment he held until November 2010. He was subsequently appointed as the Chairman of KAT in July 2012, and held this position until June 2015.
- He sits in the Harper Wira Board, a subsidiary company of KAT that is involved in international freight and forwarding services and sea transportation portfolios. He sits in the Board of Directors for Great Eastern Takaful Sdn. Bhd. (GETSB), where KAT holds a 30% share. He is also a member of the Risk Board, and the Remuneration and Nomination Committee of GETSB.
- In recognition of his services, the Government of Malaysia had appointed Dato’ Paduka Che Hasni to be one of the members of the Special Commission to Study the Transformation of the Government Civil Service which was announced by His Honourable Prime Minister in July 2012.
- Master of Laws (University of Malaya); Bachelor of Law (formerly known as Advanced Diploma in Law) (Honours) (Universiti Teknologi MARA). He was admitted to the Malaysian Bar Council and accepted as an Advocate and Solicitor by the High Court of Malaya in 1998. Post-Graduate Diploma in Defense and Strategic Studies (Pakistan Command and Staff College  and the Malaysian Armed Forces Defense College ).
Dato' Ahmad Zahudi bin Haji Salleh
- He was appointed a Director of Pacific Mutual on 11 January 2013. He is currently the Chief Executive Officer at the Malaysian Armed Forces Co-operative Limited. He oversees the business performance towards fulfilling its cooperative mandates and social responsibilities by providing leadership, guidance and direction to the company. He is also a director for Wiramaju Sdn Bhd, Citrasama Projek Sdn Bhd and Harper Wira Sdn Bhd.
- He was an officer in the Malaysia Armed Forces from April 1972 to September 2006. He was responsible for the implementation of personnel emolument policies, overseeing payment processes, budgeting and auditing for the related accounts.
- Diploma in Accountancy; Bachelor of Accountancy (Honours) (formerly known as Advanced Diploma in Accountancy); Post-Graduate Diploma in Defence and Strategic Studies (Malaysian Armed Forces Staff College); Senior International Defense Management Course (Defense Resources Management Institute).
Ong Eu Jin Independent Investment Committee member
- He was appointed a Director of Pacific Mutual on 11 January 2013. Currently, he is a partner at Lee Hishammuddin, Allen and Gledhill, overseeing a team that manages financing (including bond issuance and project financing), equity capital markets (including corporate advisory and initial public offerings) and mergers and acquisitions.
- He began his career as a lawyer upon his admission as an advocate and solicitor (West Malaysia) in 1997. In October 2002, he joined OSK Trustees Berhad as the Chief Operating Officer and was subsequently made the Executive Director. As head of the company from 2002 to 2009, he was in charge of the management, operational and business development functions of the company and reported to the Group CEO.
- Bachelor of Laws (University of West London [formerly known as Thames Valley University]); Certificate of Legal Practice; Master in Business Administration (Edinburgh Business School, Herriot-Watt University); Master of Laws (University of Malaya); Master of Laws (University College London); Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales.
Datuk Lee Say Tshin Independent Investment Committee member
- He was appointed a Director of Pacific Mutual on 14 November 2014. Currently, he is an Independent Non-Executive Director and a member of the Audit Committee of IOI Group Properties Bhd, a public listed company listed on the Bursa Malaysia.
- In 1974, he joined HSBC Bank (Malaysia) Berhad as an Executive. He was an accomplished career banker with over 40 years of experience in the banking industry. He held the position of Managing Director, Strategic Business Development for HSBC Bank (Malaysia) Berhad since 2006 and retired on 30 June 2013.
- He was subsequently appointed as Senior Advisor, HSBC Bank (M) Bhd.
- Bachelor of Economics (Honours) (University Malaya).
||Except the Pacific AsiaPac Income Fund, Pacific Focus China Fund, Pacific Dynamic AsiaPac Fund, Pacific Emerging Market Bond Fund and Pacific Asian Income Fund