The Investment Team conducts investment research, determines a Fund's investment strategy, invests the assets of a Fund and reviews a Fund's portfolio and investment performance. The following are the key members of the Investment Team, and all of them hold the Capital Markets and Services Representative Licence issued by the Securities Commission:
Teh Chi-cheun Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director
- Chi-cheun started his career in the mid-1990s, in corporate finance before moving to the stockbroking industry in both Singapore and Malaysia, and subsequently into investment management. His investment and fund management experience extends globally as he managed developed market funds when he was with the fund management division of a Singapore government owned entity. Additionally, he also managed portfolios while with an investment outfit based in Canada.
- Upon his return to Malaysia in 2006, he joined Pacific Mutual as the Assistant General Manager of the Investment department, and was promoted to the Head of Equities one-and-a-half years later.
- He left Pacific Mutual in 2011 to head the entire stockbroking division of an investment bank. A year later, he joined a leading foreign insurance player in Malaysia as the head of investments (director). On 15 July 2015, he rejoined Pacific Mutual and is now its Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director. He oversees the overall management and direction of the Company and its Funds.
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Accounting and Financial Analysis (University of Warwick, England); CFA® charterholder (CFA Institute).
Tan Yee Cheng Head of Equities, Investment
- She has over 22 years of experience in investment research and fund management. Prior to joining Pacific Mutual in May 2007 as Senior Manager, Investment, she was an investment manager in an American-based insurance company. She had earlier worked as a senior analyst and a research manager at two local stockbroking firms and headed the investment research of a local unit trust company.
- Master of Science in Economics (University of Idaho, USA); CFA® charterholder (CFA Institute).
Oh Jo Ann Senior Manager, Investment
- She is responsible for the management of fixed income portfolios and execution of fixed income transactions. She conducts analysis of individual fixed income securities and selection of those securities for inclusion into the portfolios. Her analysis of the domestic macro backdrop forms the basis for the overall fixed income investment strategy. She started her investment career with Pacific Mutual in January 2003 as an equities analyst before moving on to working full time on the fixed income portfolio in 2004. She has over 13 years of experience in fixed income investment research and fund management and has handled both Shariah and non-Shariah-compliant fixed income portfolios.
- Bachelor of Management (Honours) in Finance (Universiti Sains Malaysia); CFA® charterholder (CFA Institute).
Adeline, Zhou Zheng Senior Manager, Investment
- She has over nine years of experience in investment research and analysis. Prior to joining Pacific Mutual, she started her career as an accountant in a bank in China and later served as an auditor at an international audit firm in Paris, France. In 2006, she moved to Malaysia and started her career as an equity analyst in an asset management company before being promoted to a fund manager in 2011.
- Bachelor's Degree in International Economics (Wu Han University, China); Bachelor's Degree in French (Wu Han University, China); Master's Degree in Management, majoring in Finance (Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales [HEC Paris], France); CFA® charterholder (CFA Institute).
Samsukri Glanville Bin Mohamad Manager, Investment
- He has over 17 years of experience in the finance industry, including 14 years in investment. He started his career in the insurance industry in London and later returned to Malaysia to work in the bankruptcy restructuring sector. He later went on to be co-founder and director of a boutique asset management firm in Malaysia. Subsequently, he worked for a local investment bank initiating coverage on the oil and gas sector for the company.
- Bachelor's Degree in Commerce, majoring in Finance (Otago University, New Zealand); Executive Master of Business Administration (Business School Sao Paulo, Brazil); Master of Business Administration (University of Toronto, Canada); Doctorate in Business Administration (Australian Institute of Business, Australia). Research interests in reflective practice and investment decision making.